• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Friday, June 23, 2006

 

Hey, Cabbie


Leaving Northern Virginia today the bus decided not to come at its scheduled time. Rather than waiting one hour for the next bus, I called a cab.

The cab driver informed me that he did not know how to get to DC, and he did not know where anything was in DC.

Keep in mind that my own knowledge of DC isn't winning any awards... so it was a fun journey, indeed! The driver was really nice, new to the job, and had already been in an accident this morning. I felt sorry for him, therefore
his complete ignorance did not irritate me at all. It probably helped that I was not rushing to get back anywhere.

Hey, it still ended up being shorter than waiting for that damned bus.

I was also informed today that I can not wear any "Death Cab for Cutie" t-shirts to my summer job because it's not a positive image.
I don't have any of this band's shirts, but I found it pretty hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home