• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Thursday, October 26, 2006

 

When Money Doesn't Talk


By the way, on my way to my shadowing experience last night I hailed a cab.  This is the second cab I've flagged down on my own.   Maybe it's something about me, or maybe cab drivers are insane, because I always flag down the weirdest people.

On my first by myself cab experience, the driver didn't know how to get there.  He asked me to give him directions, and I really didn't know myself.  Yesterday, the cab driver just didn't want to take me any where at all.  I told him where I needed to go and he just grunted and sat there.  I said, "uhh... can you not go there?"  He replied, "Nah.... I couulldd...," in an extremely whiney, 5-year old kind of way.  Then he said that he knew someplace better to take me and he started driving there.

What is this?  Hop in a cab and see where the driver feels like going?  Finally he relented and got me where I needed to be, but only after a ridiculous amount of hair pulling.  He got pretty friendly towards the end of the trip.  But seriously, what is the deal with cabs?

2 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Good God.

His name wasn't "Bundy" was it?

2:04 PM  
Blogger Seredne said...

Hah, perhaps... I don't believe I knew his name.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home