• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

 

And how could I forget

This will unfortunately be another brief week because of the holidays, but I'm sure we'd all rather be with our loved ones anyway.

A quick synopsis of things to catch you up:
yesterday I fell on a man in the metro train, and I mean fell hard... not just a light brushing against,
I've been promoted and given a pay raise twice in the four months I've been working at this job,
this weekend I went to a Thanksgiving potluck, and my sweet potato casserole was a big hit!,
I'm making a double batch of the casserole to take home Thursday... it's potato peeling hell for me!,
my nursing contact who works in labor and delivery nearby never got back to me,
I have created an irrational fear of the GRE for myself; when I even begin to think about it my mind completely panics and shuts down,
maybe I'll just go to culinary school,
last week I worked 7 hours of overtime,
the O2 Optix contacts I was given to test at the eye doctor last week aren't working out; maybe I just can't wear contacts while working,
this past Sunday I slept most of the day... including in the middle of the living room floor wrapped in a pile of blankets,
I am on the last season of Angel and it still isn't doing it for me,
I miss the people I used to be closer to,
I want to move to a house and get a dog,
things are all in all good but nothing goes the way I imagine it.


BONUS: Favorite things family members have said to me in the last week:

"Should I pick up some information about the law school while I'm at Notre Dame this weekend?" 
                   - dad

"I always just figured you wore glasses because you were trying to think of a way to standout from me."
                  - brother

After telling my parents I got a raise
"Your company has no idea what it's doing."
                  - dad

It's been a surprisingly light week for mom.  Way to go, team!

3 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

You know? Have you ever given thought to working in the food industry and going to culinary school?

You seem to have a geniune love and interest in it and the stuff you come up with sounds divine.

Just a thought.

P.S.
Your family can really suck a duck with the things they say. So can mine.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Seredne said...

I don't know... I feel like the food industry is one of those things that sounds great in theory, but really it would be a tooth and nail sort of thing. But maybe that's just me being an ass to myself again.

Yes... families... I'm sure I'll have more fun things to report after Thanksgiving.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Ligeia said...

oooooooo ain't families grand

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home