• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

 

Goose Chase


Sorry, no blogging yesterday. I was in a serious future slump. Future as in career stuff, not as in some psychic sadness.

It had been a rough day at work. There are a lot of changes going on there right now, and I will miss someone taking another job (someone who was very relatable).

Boyfriend and I have been watching Angel non-stop. It's a Buffy the Vampire Slayer spinoff. I never let myself watch it until recently. I have to keep reminding myself that the two are not the same show (Buffy is better), but I'm still enjoying it. Last night we got to the last episode of Season 3, and we don't have Season 4! It was a cliffhanger, too. First we went to the video store downstairs - nothing, the Hollywood Video we usually go to - they have every season except for Season 4, and another Hollywood - only had Season 5. By that point we were both going a little nuts, and we just began driving around aimlessly. We didn't know where else to go, but we finally found a Blockbuster. This Blockbuster not only did not have any Angel, it didn't have Buffy. What kind of craptastic establishment is that!?

We came back defeated. We'll just have to wait until we journey home this weekend and can steal more dvds from his sister. I hate being defeated. But we had some good conversation about my slump. He made an observation that was extremely distasteful to me, but then I began thinking that maybe I got so defensive because he had a point. He suggested that when I begin to become dissatisfied with a job, club, etc. that I usually have someone who I 'awfulize.' He didn't have any idea which comes first - the dissatisfaction or the awfulizing of a person. My job now (which I'm really not that dissatisfied with yet), law school, and some organizations in college and high school, there is usually one person who I don't like. And maybe over time that dislike starts eating at me more. I'm not sure where he was going with this thought entirely. It seems normal to me not to get along with at least one person, and I don't know what to do with this information, but I'll think about it more.

On a lighter yet maybe even more confusing note, why does Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas look so much like Kirstie Alley?




Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I really think that your next tv marathon needs to be "Dead Like Me". It is my ALL time favorite show.

All my Buffy Fan Friends love it.

I think Fergie looks like a Barbie whose face is starting to melt a little...

3:13 PM  
Blogger Womoon said...

I've always thought that Fergie looks like Michelle Pfeiffer.

8:56 PM  
Blogger erin said...

i don't know about the rest of it, but between her eyebrows and her cleavage, i'm a little spooked. her push-up bra looks a mite painful...

9:03 PM  
Blogger Seredne said...

Loralee - mmm.. I'll have to look into 'Dead Like Me.'
Melted Barbie! I see it!!

Erin - you're right, she does look like she's in a bit of pain... kinda like she's wearing a corset or something.

Womoon - I don't know about Michelle Pfeiffer... I'll compare.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home