• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

 

If Everyone Jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge, Obviously You Would Too


I browsed through Barnes & Noble while studying there today. Just a simple stroll through the bookstore raises such important questions... such as, if being a lawyer is so great, then why are there so many books like Should you Really be a Lawyer,
The Lure of the Law : Why People Become Lawyers, and What the Profession Does to Them, and Planet Law School II: What You Need to Know (Before You Go), But Didn't Know to Ask... and No One Else Will Tell You, Second Edition?

Of course my favorite book was Should you Marry a Lawyer? A whole book was devoted just to that topic. Does anyone else see a red flag here? More like a parade of 200 fire engines?!

I also checked out the nursing and medicine sections. I did not see variations of any of the above titles. The only thing I saw that was remotely negative was a book on how to beat procrastination in the nursing section.

Sign me up, damnit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home