• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Friday, May 05, 2006

 

LHOOQ


When I'm not watching episode after episode of The Sopranos (it all went downhill after Season 1, if you ask me), another procrastination method I enjoy is browsing blogs. I tried just clicking 'next' on the little bar at the top of blogspot blogs, but that can be problematic. There are a ton of Spanish blogs (I don't know Spanish), sometimes people remove the bar altogether and have some crazy/busy layout with sparkling hearts and emo music (what is this, Myspace?!), and the chances are also pretty slim of finding one that is what you're looking for.

But lately I have found enough good ones that I can click through their link lists. I guess I should start linking to other people in my sidebar. Can anyone who knows some blog etiquette tell me if it is appropriate to link to people whose blogs you read but have not commented on, etc?

It's amazing seeing how many creative people there are out there. Of course I need my news sites and political commentary, but really right now I just love looking. When I take a break from studying the last thing I want to do is read a blog loaded with giant, unbroken paragraphs of text.

I enjoy looking at crisp, simple layouts. Many of these bloggers post photos of designs and textures in cloth or just what they see in nature. Today I found Micasa, two trees, and Lena. In the last few weeks (I've probably referenced these before) it's been the glass doorknob, oh joy, and Floating World Views.

I can't wait to be done with these exams (and, of course, this whole law school thing) so that I can really craft a cleaner, lighter layout. It won't be long now...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home