• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

 

Too Sweet, Too Sweet for Philly


This past weekend I went to Philadelphia for my cousin's wedding. How could anyone have told me that Philadelphia is better than Pittsburgh?


Coming over the bridge into Philly, all you see are big factory things and broken buildings. Coming into Pittsburgh you see mountains, valleys, houses on hillsides. I am not a city girl.

I stayed with a friend from college on Saturday night. Aside from the permeating odor of pot in her hallway, a band decided to have a rock concert on her roof from about 1am to 3am. My neighbors in Pittsburgh left me baked goods by my door and mostly didn't support technology... or electricity on Saturdays.

Heinz Ketchup, Iron City Beer, Chipped Ham, Primanti Brothers, Pierogies, Kielbasa, the Steelers, my Hasid neighborhood, little delis, excellent museums and parks, the three rivers, the view of the skyline from Mount Washington; Pittsburgh is an amazing city.

2 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I've been to both cities twice.

Pittsburg completely surprised me. BEAUTIFUL.

I thought Philly sucked. Depressing, smelly and dirty. ICK.
The two should swap names, but
I liken the naming Pittsburg to Iceland vs. Greenland. I think it was a consiracy to keep Pittsburg a big secret...

12:28 AM  
Blogger Seredne said...

Thank you! I couldn't agree more. :-)

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home