• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

 

I could always throw things at the t.v....


Okay, so who caught the season premiere of the Gilmore Girls? I did not; I was watching House, which is on at the same time. It's funny, I used to never watch tv shows, then last year I started getting wrapped up in them.

I don't even know why I watch Gilmore Girls. Every time I see it I get irritated. I ask myself, can characters really be that selfish, stupid, or immature? The answer is usually always yes. They'll be a good season where the characters are happy and in healthy relationships, but then it falls to hell. The next season is full of whining and hair pulling and folded arms until it's back into relationship time. Repeat, repeat, repeat. It's caught in a loop.

And two nights ago I had a debate with boyfriend's little sister. She was insisting that Logan, the love interest of Rory, is a great guy. If you don't watch the show, let me just fill you in... saying Logan is a great guy is like saying, "yeah, Stalin was just misunderstood." I thought my argument to her that guys with drinking problems, no respect for you or themselves, no commitment, and who sleep with 9 other girls after you had a small fight which they "misinterpreted" as "breaking up" are not the kind of guy you want to date. This is not a "great guy."

Okay, okay it's just a t.v. show. None of this really happened and these people aren't real. But if a 16 year old girl thinks that the Gilmore Girls is showing them something to look for or settle for in a boyfriend, then I'm going to start raising hell and pointing my finger defiantly in the air.

I think I pissed her off during the discussion, all in all. But I can't help getting all worked up when I see what young girls, and even women, are using as their role models. It becomes so important just to find someone, anyone, that women will accept whoever happens to be around.
Maybe they'd even tell me that it's better just to be with someone than to be alone. Every woman is waiting for her "fairy tale" and every man becomes "the one."

At least I have this website. It reviews t.v. shows in detail, and it usually feels as angry and outraged about them as I do.


3 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I only watched this show a couple of times and I agree...Logan SUCKS. The show I determined this is where she meets his family, he dumps her, the comes back to her sniviling.

Ass.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit, I love Gilmore Girls. *hangs head* But, I will NOT give up House! I am so IN LOVE with Hugh Laurie..and the blonde guy ain't bad.
I will have to wait until (a) I'm unemployed again or (b) the series comes out on DVD to watch all the Gilmore episodes.
Sorry to blather

8:55 PM  
Blogger Seredne said...

Haha, it sucks you in. I enjoy it very much too; it just also makes me angry :-P

And Hugh Laurie is excellent. I love the snarky twist House gives your run-of-the-mill medical drama.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home