• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 

Halloween is for Everyone


If you haven't noticed yet, I love Halloween. When I was a kid my brother and I would make ghouls out of old clothes, masks, soccer balls, newspaper and safety pins... it worked, seriously. We'd hide them in trees or sit them out in lawn chairs with creepy music playing.

That sort of thing doesn't fly down south (we moved from the north), but maybe it works where you are. Either way, Halloween is for everyone. You don't need tons of money, religious convictions, or any of that pesky getting together with family business. All you need a good 'ol fashioned sense of fun.

If you're up for the adventure, be sure to visit Martha's Halloween page. Don't scoff, it's glorious and full of exciting ideas for the benefit of kids, spouses, and single young adults alike. Happy haunting (oOoOOOhhh, I made a ghosty joke)!



Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! Halloween is my favorite holiday - for reasons I won't go into! Thank you for the link!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Womoon said...

Actually, you CAN still make ghouls down in our part of the South. I remember the haunted house down the street with the ghouls in the trees, creepy music, and stuff that jumped out at you. It was actually a popular thing in my old neighborhood...just about every street had a house like that.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home