• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Monday, January 08, 2007

 

Just like old times.


This was a great weekend - and the first one we actually stayed home for instead of traveling up and down the east coast.

We have also picked up a new television show on dvd obsession. And unfortunately for us,
this show hasn't been canceled yet. We've never been obsessed with a show in realtime, and we're a little nervous about it. Get ready for it... the show is 'Battlestar Galactica.'

Not my usual type of show, but the boyfriend got a season of it for Christmas and we've been hooked since first putting it in. It's about how humans created these machines, the machines rebelled, then they evolved, and now they're blowing human civilization to hell. And I highly recommend it.

Other than watching nonstop Battlestar, I was taken out to dinner Saturday night to The Melting Pot, my favorite restaurant. It's too expensive for me to go more than once every one or two years, but every time I go I have a great time. It seems like people either love or hate this place. My dad once exclaimed that he didn't think it was right to, "spend so much money on food you have to cook yourself." But it's an experience. You have to like your company and just take joy in being there for awhile.

I got dressed up in a little black dress, but damned if almost everyone in the restaurant wasn't wearing jeans. When did jeans become acceptable in fancy places? When did jeans take over? I feel like when I was little, jeans weren't as accepted as they now. I'm not really complaining because I never dress up and jeans are pretty much all I wear (except for at work... stupid dress code), but I was just surprised.

Happy Monday (grumble).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home