• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Friday, May 04, 2007

 

Science and Dinner

Happy Friday!

I know I'm thrilled.  Although I do have about four or five chapters in my distance-learning Statistics class to catch up on.  After the midterm (where the questions were nothing like what was asked on quizzes) I kind of crapped out and didn't touch the book for... well... over a month. 

I'm really hoping that my complete lack of interest, even disdain, for the Statistics course are based on that it's:
1) MATH (I HATE math)
2) I'm not good at teaching myself math
3) The professor who you can contact with questions doesn't really speak English
4) it's MATH

Hopefully these assumptions are correct, because beginning May 21 I've signed up for two, yes two, more distance learning courses for the summer.  These are two more prerequisites to continue moving towards an accelerated nursing degree - Life Span Development (birth to death) and Human Anatomy & Physiology I.

The Life Span course looks like it will be pretty straightforward.  I believe that I'll be watching lots of 30 minute videos and then writing papers about the videos.  And I can write a paper like nobody's business!  The Human Anatomy course will be a lot of memorization; it's something that I simply can NOT put off.  If I don't stay on top of that class then I'm sure it will run right over me.

I'm excited for these next two courses.  I think they'll both be fun and interesting, and they should also give me a much better idea if I'm still going in the right direction.  I still haven't gotten around to mentioning any of this to my family, and I still think that's a good move. 

In other news, I'm going to a Cinco de Mayo cookout tomorrow night.  The Evite says that it's not necessary to bring anything but I feel bad showing up without anything... plus I ENJOY making things!  Unfortunately I don't know anything about Spanish cooking, but somehow I started thinking about Empanadas.  I don't know if these are really Spanish, and I certainly don't know how to make them.  I've been trying to look up recipes online, but they're all very different.  At this point I'm on the verge of drooling thinking about empanadas.  I think I might kill for one!

Anyone happen to have a good empanada recipe??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home