• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Thursday, April 26, 2007

 

Gifts

So I found a great new reality tv show while I was on vacation. Of course, great means that it's pretty ridiculous... but for some reason I found it completely addicting. I guess they had a marathon going on very late one night, and I just kept watching episode after episode. If you haven't yet seen The Ultimate Coyote Ugly Search, then I suggest you do! I'm not even sure that I get the country music television here... probably not, but I can dream.

With all the overtime money I made the other week I decided that I should use at least a little bit of it to buy something nice for myself. I thought about getting a cute little iPod nano, but since I really don't listen to music that much and I rarely buy new music, I thought my money would be spent better with something else. I finally decided on a new computer monitor - 20.1" widescreen!

I love it. And dang, it's even cheaper now than when I bought it last week! Having an enormous widescreen monitor is excellent, everyone's blog looks amazing and games, which I was never that into before, are suddenly much more appealing.

I really like looking at people's photos with the new monitor. Last night I was looking on Facebook, and I found out that someone I knew in college (we took a class together) is engaged. He had just posted some pictures of his fiance, but something looked a little odd. She was clearly in another country, her eyes were always down, and she was always in very traditional dress with her parents standing close by. I realized that this is an arranged marriage!

I've never known anyone who has had an arranged marriage before. He seems completely thrilled about it, referring to her as "my" so-and-so. She didn't look that happy, but who knows, maybe she's excited about it too. The idea of an arranged marriage just baffles me. After all the work we put in to find that person who really understands us and makes us feel good, his marriage will be more about getting to know one another. Maybe that bonds a couple in a way I just can't understand. I don't really know enough (or anything) about arranged marriage to start going off about it, it was just something interesting that struck me when I saw that photo.

T.G.I.T.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home