• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

 

Ughhh

It's time to get a new doctor when:

a) She tells you that your
ideal healthy weight is between 115-149 when in reality... 115 is beyond unrealistic for someone who is 5'10", unless you want to look like Kate Moss.

b) She's rather pushy about vaccinating you for HPV.

c) NEW: You pass out as soon as you walk in the office, but no one offers you water or a piece of candy to suck on; in fact, they seem pretty unconcerned and possibly afraid of you.

d) NEW: You explain to the medical assistant who is taking your weight that you're going to pass out again and you need to sit down. Right before you sit on the table that she originally had you at she says, "oh, well, then I need to put you in a different room." What??

e) NEW: When you finally get to see the doctor, she tells you that you're probably just a little dizzy and not going to pass out (excuse me, lady, I know what passing out feels like... plus, I'd just done it a few moments ago! wtf, people, wtf), that you probably just have 'some virus' that will go away in 7-10 days, and then she pats you on the shoulder and tells you to be careful walking home.

I think if I go back to that office, I should probably see someone else in the practice. The other doctors seem okay. The one that I see is maybe too fresh out of med school (she's very young); I actually find myself wishing she acted a little more 'doctory.' My old doctors always used more official words when talking to me... urinate, defecate, etc. This doctor asks me how's my pee. I guess she's just trying to be more approachable with patients, but for some reason it freaks me out a little.

But, I'm going back to work today. Hopefully I don't barf or pass out or get another fever. I work with medical people, so maybe they'll be a little more sensitive if I passed out, instead of acting like I'm just some crazy woman on drugs or who has leprosy.

Boyfriend is staying home today. He has slightly different symptoms, but he's still not that great either. Whenever one of us is sick we just pass it back and forth. I guess this is what I have to look forward to when I have kids.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ligeia said...

Yes! Find a new doctor immediately!
I had a doc similar to that not long ago; he acted as if he knew my body better than I did.
Also, I don't know what body charts this 'doctor' is using, but they seem whacked. My old doctor told me not to weigh more than 140. My new doctor told me to weigh between 150 and 170. The difference - new doc did some sort of bone ratio test thing and found that - yes - I do have big bones! So, maybe you are a big boned girl, too?!

Feel better soon.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home