• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Friday, July 13, 2007

 

Segway to my Heart

Friday!! This is thrilling! The first week back at work after a vacation is not fun at all.

I think I may need to get my engagement ring resized AGAIN. He bought it in our hometown, which means that if I part with it I have to wait an entire week until the following weekend when I can go back and pick it up. In the heat it’s tight, but in the cold, air conditioned office or the shower it turns to the side and can easily slip off. Sometimes in the office I wrap a little bit of tape around it, but this is ridiculous… it’s a diamond ring! And I hate ring guards; they pinch the skin on my fingers.

Tomorrow is fiancé’s birthday! We’re going to see Harry Potter. We had a long talk the other day about my job. I was being miserable about it, as usual. I was even feeling pretty down on nursing as a career option. He said that I should either change my attitude about my job or change my job. Suddenly the reasoning I’d been using to keep myself there until next summer doesn’t seem as persuasive as it used to. But finding and interviewing for a new job, going through all the training, waiting to get on a new benefits plan and health care package sounds like a lot of work I’d rather not have. And if I’m too lazy, I should really quit my bitchin’.

A good friend has already said he won’t be coming to the wedding (over one year aw
ay). He has a lot of social phobias. In college he went home to his parents’ house every single weekend, all four years. He did it also once he started medical school, but then he got into a car accident that almost killed him. He had to unenroll from school to work on physical therapy, etc. When he started med school again the following year, at first he didn’t drive home as much, but it wasn’t long before he started doing it again. Usually we can’t get him to hang out passed dinner time. He told fiancé and I that he’ll either be studying or doing rounds at the hospital that day, so he can’t come.

I guess I should be understanding if he really has a problem, maybe he can’t control it. But
instead I find myself pretty pissed off. He’s known fiancé and I since high school, and we never ask for anything. Is it so much to come out and eat a free meal prepared by a four-star chef, enjoy free beverages, and spend time with your best friends? At first I thought he would probably warm up to the idea after awhile, but now I just don’t think so.

p.s. I got to ride a SEGWAY in Disney World!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I would be pissed off as well. I understand phobias people can't get over, but it is a little difficult to imagine that he can make himself go through college and med school and not make it through a two hour reception, ya know?

P.S.

CUTE shirt

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home