• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

 

Feelin' the Burn

So things are probably going to be like this for a little while longer (ie inconsistent).  Fiance and I are moving this weekend and I'm in a BIG crunch with the two courses I'm taking.  Moving + two courses + working fulltime + usually some overtime as well + planning a wedding = SUCK CITY 3000!

Hooray for being an adult?

Yesterday I got a nice card in the mail from a friend congratulating me on our engagement.  She is also recently engaged and her wedding is in early May 2008.  I wrote her an email to thank her for the card, and I also updated her on where our ceremony and reception are.  A few hours later I received a response back that said:

"Why are you copying me...that is exactly what we are doing :)  Thank God you didn't say May 10, 2008 or we would have to throw down."

Uh oh! 

I wasn't mad or anything, this isn't like when another girl wears the same dress as you to the prom.  The city where we're having our weddings isn't THAT big, and there's only so much to chose from.  But it IS something to think about.  I don't know that I want to go to a wedding in the same place where mine will be two months earlier.  Part of me thinks maybe it will break some of the magic of seeing it all set up for a wedding.  Maybe I'd be comparing what she has to my plans too much.  Who knows!? 

Maybe talking about "breaking the magic" is silly altogether and I should just snap out of it.  But then again, won't walking into that room full of all our friends be pretty damn close to magic?  I know I have months and months to think about it, and I'll feel embarrassed about not going, and maybe then she'll decide not to go to mine... but.... I just don't know.

In other news, I'm going to a Buffy the Vampire Slayer sing along this Saturday night. Apparently the musical episode, "Once More with Feeling," plays on the big screen while actors (not the real ones) also come out and sing at the same time... and of course, the audience sings.  I'm hoping to have an awesome time and possibly to meet some fun and awesomely nerdy people to befriend. 

After the complete craziness of this month is over, I'm hoping to enjoy some quiet time with fiance.  Maybe we can turn off the computers, turn off the phones, and just have no communication with the outside world for an entire weekend.  We'll just read, sip pina coladas, maybe watch some BUFFY... I don't know... but it will be great and I'll keep my fingers crossed that this stress breaks (before I do)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home