• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Friday, June 09, 2006

 

Input, INPUT!


I don't know if it's the weather, the fact that it's the first time I won't be starting classes in the fall (no more college, no more law school), or if it's that sometimes I feel I'm just waking up to things that really interest me, but lately I have had an unquenchable appetite for information.

Searching for jobs is taking a tremendous amount of time, much more so than I had expected. There are so many places to search, jobs to sift through that just aren't the correct match (or have the possibility of being scams), cover letters to write, and the dreaded sites where you have to enter your resume and educational background into separate fields - even though you just want to upload the damn thing.

But when I can turn my guilt off about not having a job yet, I'm almost overwhelmed by the amount of things I want to do and have begun doing. I'm sure it sounds crazy to an avid reader like you, Internet, but in some ways higher learning really stunted my reading. I used to read constantly, but then in college there was always more reading to be done. If you finish one thing it's time to move on to the next. And in law school, just forget about it. The only time I read for pleasure during law school was when I discovered Should you Really be a Lawyer? (and
what a joyous day that was).

For my birthday recently my boyfriend gave me some amazing gifts, eager to provide me with the tools to figure out what I really want to do. Cooking, art, yoga, graphic design, or learning Chinese... where do I begin? I've been so happy these last few weeks, despite all the bad news concerning my loved ones. I know that I am in a good place, and so I am better able to deal with all of these challenges. I am a better friend and a better person. I have not once regretted my choice to leave law school. Of course sometimes I'll think, "was it really that bad?" Now that I'm not caught up in the moment of it all it's easy to forget just how unhappy I was and what a bad fit it was.

So, despite how long this job search and interview fun (ha, HA) might last, I am really doing quite well with it. I'm taking reading, travel, and recipe recommendations... or anything else you would like to throw my way.

Ah yes, and a good friend of mine and I are updated my
dinosaur of a desktop computer. Here is my new case; it is most excellent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home