• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Thursday, June 15, 2006

 

Maybe it was all a Dream


Mentioning the 'L word' (i.e. law school) in my last entry made me realize that it's been over a month since I've been law school free.

Yesterday while filling out a job application I had to put down my LSAT and SAT scores. First of all this was strange because why does an employer want these scores? Yet it was also strange because I could not remember the scale of the LSAT. My score was what out of what? I had no idea. I finally had to google it. 180... the LSAT is out of 180.

Also humorous, as I am typing this I received an e-mail from my ex-Property Professor. She posted the grade distribution for the class. I haven't checked any of my grades online. I don't think they're all up yet, but I'm not sure that I want to know. There's probably nothing to be gained by it. Of course, it would be funny if I did really well; since I knew in February that I was leaving, my effort dwindled as the semester progressed.

I'm also astonished at how much the class size dropped. 67 people took the final - I thought our class size started out at 85 or 88. I guess it was a steady stream of leaving throughout the year, and I was too shell-shocked to notice. I just can't stop staring at this:


Grade Distribution Fall Midterm

Created: Mon, 1/23/2006 3:35 PM EST

Edited: Mon, 1/23/2006 3:35 PM EST

2

Number of As

0

0%

3

Number of B+s

5

6%

4

Number of Bs

10.:

14%

5

Number of C+s

11.:

16%

6

Number of Cs (minimum Professional Competence)

25.:

34%

7

Below Professional Competence

22.:

30%

9

10

Total

76.:

100%


Grade Distribution

Created: Thu, 6/15/2006 12:40 PM EDT

A

B

C

E

5

Grade

Number

Percent

6

A

7

10%

7

B+

5

7%

8

B

9

13%

9

C+

20

30%

10

C (minimum Professional Competence)

19

28%

11

D+

6

9%

12

D

0

0%

13

F

1

1%

14

67



Seeing this chart and seeing grades are the only things that make me feel like any of it was real. Sitting here in the sunny south makes it seem like a dream. A largely painful and debilitating dream, but also formative.



2 Comments:

Blogger Womoon said...

50-58% of C's b/w the two. And no A's the first go round...yeah,no thanks. I'd think nightmare instead of dream. That's half at only minimum competence. But now I am wondering where you fell in that distribution.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Seredne said...

Well, wonder away 'cause I haven't decided yet whether or not I'm looking! I don't see what good can come of it.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home