• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Thursday, August 24, 2006

 

Chickens and China


Last night I took a cooking class: Chinese Cooking 101.

It was lots of fun and extremely delicious. The instructor was very quirky and kept telling silly stories about her life in China or her husband.

I'd been cutting chicken so, so wrong. I'm almost ashamed! Also we treat our wok so badly that it's rusted. Anyone have a wok? She suggested that I should get a brillo pad, take all the crap off, and start from scratch by seasoning the wok all over again. And I need a cleaver. Anyone have a cleaver around the house?

We made:

Boiled Rice
Hot and Sour Soup
Hot Cabbage Peking Style
Sliced Chicken with Vegetables
Shrimp with Lobster Sauce


I really hope these recipes work out when I try them!



2 Comments:

Blogger Penguin said...

I am apologizing to my chicken as I type

10:05 AM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Hot and Sour soup is one of my favorite things of all time. YUM.

I want a WOK for my birthday.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home