• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

 

Everything Changes, Everything


It's kind of funny (or really sad) that I had more free time while in law school than I do now. But that's probably related to how much effort I put into the whole thing.

I don't even know why I keep a blog anymore. It's like someone is laughing at me in cyberspace; it's a document of every time I have to eat my words.

The wedding this weekend was the best wedding that I have ever been to (okay, I've only been to four not including this one). It was just absolutely beautiful. It was so meaningful, you could tell how excited both people were and how much they cared about each other, and because they had a wedding planner everything ran so smoothly and was well organized.

This, like I said earlier, was the first wedding I had been to for someone my age. I think that helped make it even sweeter because they are young (but not too young) and starting their new life together. Right now their honeymoon is driving to their new home in Colorado... quite a distance from everyone and everything they know and love in Virginia. They'll be driving for two weeks, stopping at points of interest.

Wave if you see them, because I wish them all the best. On this blog I'm snarky and grumbly about things I see or do that irritate me, but all I really feel right now is compassion for those two people and guilt that I didn't understand how to just let the past go and be happy for someone. I assumed that she had not changed over the years... what if someone assumed that about me? I would be angry. There were quite a few good friends there, and we've all changed. None of us should have to have who we used to be thrown in our face.
In high school, the bride had been needy and manipulative. But now she has the fortitude to pick up and move across the country - that is not needy.

All I can think about this week so far is that wedding and how it makes me feel about my own life and about other people. I feel like it aged me a little bit. I don't feel so much like a kid playing dress-up in her mom's clothes. I'm not moving across the country any time soon, but I wonder if I could if I wanted to.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home