• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Friday, August 11, 2006

 

Going to the Chapel of Freaky People from your Past


Internet, this is very exciting.

This weekend my boyfriend and I are going to a wedding for two people that we went to high school with. I haven't really spoken to either of them in at least five years, and I don't believe that he has either. I even thought that the bride and I had a bit of bad blood between us, so I'm not exactly sure why I'm even invited. My best guess is that I'm invited because of my boyfriend - he and the groom were friends when they were children.

Maybe a better question is, why am I going?

I've played out all sorts of bizarre scenarios for this weekend in my head. Will there be tons of people from high school who I haven't seen in years? Will the bride go ape-shit when she sees me? Will she ignore me? Yes, maybe this is rather self-centered. Even if there is bad blood it's still her wedding, so why would she waste her time worrying about me?

We'll see, Internet... we'll see.


1 Comments:

Blogger Penguin said...

hahahahahahahaaaah
Sorry, this post made me laugh. Why? Well, I got such an invitation about 3 years after graduating. I had no boyfriend at the time, but the groom and I "dated" when we were in jr. high. The bride told me she hated me because I wasn't pretty. I refused to go to the wedding or reception. I don't think either of them noticed I was gone. And, less than a year later, they were divorced.

Hope it was interesting for you.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home