• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Friday, September 29, 2006

 

Found: Crazy People


When boyfriend and I moved into this apartment some of the appliances were already pretty old and busted. The microwave was cracked and loose around the handle and cracked along the bottom of the door. The refrigerator handle is also cracked, and the long vertical blinds that hang across the balcony door are temperamental at best. So I wasn't suprised two nights ago when the handle broke off the microwave and the chain for the blinds stopped working.

What I didn't expect was that the very next day when I came home from work we had a brand new microwave and brand new blinds! The service in this building is amazing; it's nice to feel that I'm actually getting something for all the money we have to pay to live in this area.

And a less pleasant surprise, last night I got a call from my favorite people, my parents. Their power was out because of a storm, so they thought the next best thing would be to bother the hell out of me. First I got an earfull about how they knew I must be going to the grocery store at night by myself where I could get killed in any number of ways. Then my father asked how my job was going, to which I responded, "ehhh."

Big mistake. This indicated to him that clearly it was time for me to go back to law school. It must not have been that bad after all, and I don't like anything anyway. Right?

I'm just happy it's Friday. I'm having dinner tonight with a friend from college and it will be great to catch up. I'm looking for some serious R & R!

1 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Buy this and wear it home.
http://www.cafepress.com/serendipitydogs.13349443
Maybe they'll clue in.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home