• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Thursday, November 02, 2006

 

Well, you may remember this happy little fellow from yesterday. He wasn't the biggest or most detailed jack-o-lantern around, but he had style and class. His toothless grin spread happiness in the hearts of children.


Well, he had a slight mishap. When I left for work in the morning he was fine. But when I came home, that sweet jack-o-lantern just wasn't the same. He was like a disgusting mold pudding straight out of mold heaven. He was slumped over and oozing onto the white carpet. His eye holes were perfectly covered over with green fuzz. His friend wasn't slumped over yet, but he had a slightly less diseased looking white mold all over him.

When we first brought the pumpkins home I joked (but not really a joke) that it would be the boyfriend's job to carry out the nasty massacred pumpkin parts to the trash. But, he wasn't home yet. And the longer I waited, the more sludge I would get on the carpet.

It was pretty awful. I couldn't just pick them up and toss them into my heavy duty trash bag because my hands just went right through them. There was nothing really hard to grab. Mold is gross... sludge is gross... wearing pumpkin mold on your pajamas kind of takes the fun out of pumpkins so that I can't even look at my pumpkin ice cream, and the boyfriend owes me big time.


Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Penguin said...

Isn't it amazing how, one day, they are happy guys lighting the way for wandering Spirits, and the next day, blech.

Sorry to see him go.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

You know? I sorta feel like that pumpkin today! :D

10:59 PM  
Blogger Seredne said...

Penguin - I am sorry to see him go, too! I wanted him to stick around longer.

Loralee - than you must be grooossss!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home