• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Thursday, November 30, 2006

 

Where did all the turkey go?


Shit! I just realized I only have this evening to make a new banner. How did we get through November so quickly? I have to say, I like holidays and months with holidays, but I think I'm ruling that November kinda sucked.

Historically, I think November might be my least favorite month (but it's in a close race with January). My life with November has included truly loved ones dying and bad relationships starting and then a year later (in November again) going through the serious suck phase and ending. In college it means the end of the semester and exams are coming up. It means lots of dreary days of winter again. And in 2006 it means, "Shit, I've been out of law school for six months and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!"

But I'm not completely ready to throw in the towel yet. My labor and delivery nursing contact finally got back to me! She can't fit me in until late January at the earliest, but something is better than nothing! Until then I'm wondering if I should try to take some community college night class. One, it would begin getting prerequisites out of the way, and two, why not? I like class... I think!

There are some great cooking courses coming up in the new year at Sur la table. Hopefully I'll get a chance to cash in over there. But speaking of cashing in, I've been thinking about Christmas gifts. Why are men so hard to shop for? Or maybe it's just my man. I look through the store catalogs and watch commercials on tv, and they always have the section or blurb that says, "Gifts for Him." Then they feature things like a rotating tie rack, an all in one wrench, or maybe a beer mug that says, "man of the house." If I gave one of these things to my boyfriend, I think that would probably be the thing to end our relationship right there. There's so much pressure to find that one thing that would really show your loved one just how much you love them. But what the hell is it?! Men aren't the most forthcoming creatures. With women, maybe they won't say what they want right away, maybe they'll want the man to be able to figure it out on his own, but basically she'll probably cave and just say it.

So, if anyone has any amazing gifts in mind...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

with my man, i usually tend towards books and music. not the most exciting (unless you're into books, and he is), but at least there's an endless variety of both. otherwise, i head toward rei, and get him some cool camping thing.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

That is so funny. My chef friend runs the classes at Sur La Table in Salt Lake!

I love the banner. The trees rock. My guy loves gift cards to his favorite geek store. I think it is unromantic, but it is truly what he likes.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Seredne said...

Erin - My man LOVES books... in fact, he could possibly soon be an English PhD hopeful. We both loves books. Unfortunately, our apt can't quite keep up with us... so I'm trying to steer clear of books.

Loralee - That's awesome about the Sur La Table courses! I really like them. The only class I took that I didn't like quite as much was the bread making course. But that wasn't Sur La Table's fault.
Thanks about the banner; I'm keeping it simple.
I could do gift cards to geek stores. He loves the Discovery Store... We spent about 4 hours in a giant mall today doing some Christmas shopping, and I STILL didn't see much that caught my eye for him!

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home