• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Thursday, January 11, 2007

 

If You Don't Have Anything Nice to Say About Reality,


It has been a very difficult week. And since I can't talk about it (most of it is work related) I haven't felt like saying much of anything at all.

I did have some exceptionally strange dreams last night, and then they merged into the same dream. In the first dream, My mother kept going on about cockroaches. I'd seen one or two, and I was on edge. She said they were all coming from my room because I never keep it clean. But when she was removing a light fixture in the kitchen it was filled with the things. It wasn't my fault. I kept waking up every 10 minutes twitching and thinking that these things were crawling on me. Not a great way to start a morning.

In the other dream I went into a store. In reality I'd never been to or heard of this store, but in my dream I thought that I used to go there all the time in 9th grade. It was sort of like a Hot Topic store, with chains and t-shirts with gothic letters on them. I found a section of wigs. I put on a blonde, short-haired wig (with loose curls, like those made from using rollers) and looked in the mirror; I saw myself completely as an old woman. After I turned away from the mirror I started making a joke about it. I was walking around and talking like I think and old lady would talk, pretend to hobble and have a hunch back... but I wasn't really sure if I was pretending or not. Finally a store clerk came up and told me that I just had to try this other wig. This wig she gave me was medium length, sleek and smooth, and silver (not in an old person way). When I put this wig on I felt beautiful, confident and very cool. I don't know what happened after that because I woke up after noticing a cockroach by my boot.

I don't know what all this means, but it was very vivid. I've heard that dreams are the time for your subconscious mind to work out all the things that were too much for your conscious mind during the day.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Ug. Cockroaches are from hell.
It sounds like your week was as well.

P.S.
I have showed the photo of your guy to all my friends and family and it totally freaks them out!

I think it is really cool and funny.
My favorite is when I asked my husband if he had a double life and if so, I could learn to make pumpkin bunt cakes, he didn't need to stray.

The look on his face was priceless, I tell you.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Seredne said...

HAHAA! That's hilarious! It is really really strange! I'll ask my boyfriend if he wants me to go stalk BSU or sing opera to him. :-P

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home