• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

 

if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."
Peter Gibbons, Office Space

No, every day is not the worst day of my life. I'm not there yet by any means, it's just a great quote! Thinking about "Office Space" certainly brings some humor to my situation! Sorry, friends.

I worked 11 hours yesterday, and I'm probably going to have to do that every day this week including the weekend. It's one of those busy times, although I feel like the guy from 'Office Space' who tries to dodge the boss so he doesn't get asked to come in on Saturday. Unfortunately, some people were called in to work on Easter Sunday. EASTER SUNDAY!!?!?!!?!!

I had a mini freak out yesterday, or maybe not so mini... just thinking about how many hours I'll be putting in lately plus how far behind I am in my statistics course. I'm also going on vacation towards the end of next week. Where's the time going? Brakes, please!

On the up side, I had one of the nicest family holidays I can remember. And we all spent more time with each other than I can remember. Maybe losing Max (the cat) and a combination of this military recall put us all on good behavior. I'll find out in the next few days whether the recall is certain.

Saturday night some high school friends came over to boyfriend's house. We talked about colleges, as his little sister is getting to choose which schools to apply to. Virginia has a great set of schools, and I hope she doesn't let weird hang-ups about certain schools cloud her judgment.

It's such a tough time; I see it on her face and I remember how I felt when I was there. Sometimes you wonder if you'll get in anywhere, and you think one bad grade can doom you to living on the streets. I can tell her that it will get better or that it will all work itself out, but I think we all know that it's one of those things you just have to go through first hand... and hopefully laugh about later.

Labels: