• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Monday, March 12, 2007

 

Scents of Spring

I believe in Seasonal Affective Disorder .  There are some things going on right now that are huge.  Usually when I think about them, I get a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach.  I feel trapped, I don't see a way out.  I feel like I'm being smothered, other times I feel like I'm being exposed. 

But when the warm sun appears after a long, grey winter, things just don't seem so bad.  I went home again this weekend for tons of family birthdays.  While home, I bought some new lotion, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner at Bath and Body Works - Coconut Lime Verbena.  It's a wonderful, cheery spring smell.  It's not an overpowering coconut like suntan lotion.  I'm really enjoying it so far; I think I'll be smelling myself all day.

I also got a pedicure and manicure with one of my recently engaged friends.  The first time I had a pedicure I felt a little bad, there was a woman who barely spoke English forced to scrub dead skin off my feet while I sit high upon my mighty leather chair.  But at this nail place most of the employees spoke English, there were lots of them working together, and they seemed to be okay with it.  It didn't feel like forced labor or like they were barely eeking out a living.  I think they did a nice job; my feet feel great.  But it was a little disconcerting to see scraps of dead skin from my feet assembled on the towel like orange rinds...

March is flying by, like every month.  I really need some time to get things in order, but having to go home for the past few weekends plus having visitors up here this weekend is making that more than a little difficult.  I have bills to file, laundry to fold, and statistics quizzes to take.  I see now the true meaning of "SPRING CLEANING."

I hope spring keeps coming in and stays.  I need a little light to make this all seem doable. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Penguin said...

SAD occurs here, too. Although this winter the S has stood for Snow meaning lack of.
Coconut Lime sounds delicious. I'll have to find an excuse to go try some.
I don't mind that March is going fast - closer to April!

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home