• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

 

A quick and dirty update

YES, I keep dropping off the face of the Earth!

1)  It's hard when really the main thing going on is work.  Long, painful hours of work.  And I can't talk about work here, no matter how much I want to, because there's a strong possibility my butt would get the boot.  My butt does not like boots.

2)  Let's talk about Stat.  Remember a few postings ago when I said that I had three chapters left of Statistics and a week before the final?  When I came home from work Friday (5/11) I STILL had those three chapters to do before the final.  The final was Saturday (the testing center was only open from 9am-1pm and closed on Sunday). 

Yeah, so that was FUN.  Boyfriend and I stayed up until 4am working until my eyes became completely blurred and I started vomiting.  I was not made for "all-nighters," especially not all-nighters of MATH.  So I crashed at 4am with one chapter left, and boyfriend finally crashed at 4:30am.  We set the alarm for 6:30am and then got right back to work. 

We finished the third chapter and quiz around 9am, the same time that the distance learning center opened that day.  We called just to make sure that we absolutely had to take the final that day (the last day of the semester was Monday).  To our immense relief, the center told us that we could take it Monday.

After that we collapsed.

We took the final Monday after work.  It was irritating, the exam was multiple choice and several questions had you choosing between answers that were .01 apart.  It makes you second guess yourself; it becomes a question of whether you can outsmart the test, not whether you know the material.  I was thoroughly aggravated.  Stat really turned out pretty badly.  That being said, I still have high hopes for both PSY 231 - Lifespan Development and BIO 141 - Human Anatomy & Physiology.

3)  After an awful Friday night and Saturday morning, Saturday evening turned out great.  Boyfriend and I went to The Italian Store, a place he'd read many good things about.  The place lived up to its ratings - he had a great sub with salami and proscuitto and I had some incredible pizza with fresh garlic on top.

After the Italian Store we got some ice cream at The Dairy Godmother , another place he'd read wonderful things about.  This place was also exceptional.  Their 'ice cream of the day' was Maple Walnut, and let me tell you, I scarfed that DOWN! 

After loading up on delicious, fattening food, we saw Hot Fuzz at the movie theater.  I was prepared to dislike this movie, I thought it would be just too silly.  I actually really enjoyed it and it was a lot funnier than I'd thought.

So, a shitty day really can turn out wonderfully.

4)  The apartment.  You know how I feel about it: it's small, there's no room for a kitchen table (thus, no entertaining !), and the best feature (the girl who used to constantly walk around in her birthday suit) is gone, gone, gone. 

We visited a condo for rent that I found on Craigslist.  It was surprisingly nice, but it just didn't have that special something to make the whole hassle worthwhile.

We finally went to our leasing office to discuss renewal/termination options, and she told us about another unit in the same building that's a little bit bigger.  It wouldn't be that much more expensive at all AND there's room for a kitchen table!  It's a few floors above the one we're on now, but it still faces the courtyard.  There's a good chance that we could even be next to a new naked neighbor.

Boyfriend was pretty gung ho about it from the get-go.  I, of course, saw only the pitfalls and setbacks.  Just when he won me over, I'd gone and made him nervous too.  But we finally made a decision, and I shoved the paperwork to transfer to the new unit underneath the door of the leasing office this morning.  Woo.


I'll try to be more like Kant, okay?  Until then, I'm going to get a smoothie!


1 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

How can you not love a movie that includes the phrase "By the power of Greyskull"?

Did you see Shaun of the Dead?
Same stars, same crew. AWESOME.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home