• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Friday, July 20, 2007

 

Relieved or Restless

Coming to a decision about something having to do with wedding planning is like...

being able to sit down after a long, hot, sunny day at Disney World,
finding a rest stop after hours of driving, or
quitting law school.

What an immeasurable relief! 

I'm thinking about being sick one day next week so that I have a day to catch up on my life... call it a "mental health day," if you'd like.  I know I just had a vacation not too long ago, but.. umm.. I have no excuse I guess.

I'm looking forward to the planning even though I'm daunted by it.  Maybe when fiance and I have a moment to breath we'll sit down and come up with a schedule for ourselves.  He loves planning and excel spreadsheets (a veteran teacher), so I'm sure we can get some structure here soon enough.  And the more he and I can figure out, the less I have to rely on my mom!

So, we switch apartments tomorrow.  Instead of packing, I spent last night wasting time by looking for a timeline of photos of Britney Spears, from her hayday to her decline.  Usually when Ms. Spears is in the news it really doesn't catch my interest, so last night I was either overcome with a sudden fascination of how someone so rich and "attractive" can have such an amazing downfall, or I just REALLY didn't want to pack.  I'm not sure which is worse.  But seriously, seeing Britney Spears go from bad to worse is like watching "The Hours" and trying to figure out if that's really Nicole Kidman underneath that nose.

Okay, last night wasn't a complete waste.  I did spackle the walls where there were nail holes and one area that had a little dent from when we moved in.  It was a fun roll reversal.  I had fiance go to the hardware store to buy spackle and putty knives.  He had absolutely no idea what I was talking about.  I even specified a brand I'd heard recommended.  I must say, DAP spackle is amazing.  The kind we got goes on pink and dries white; today I couldn't even tell where some of the marks were.  So... spackle and Britney Spears.

I should have internet back on Sunday night.  But, we're dealing with Comcast... and I won't even go in to how I feel about them.  Have a good weekend, everyone.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home