• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

 

I say martyr, you say..........


Okay, okay...

As my law-related rants become more bold maybe I left some cause for confusion.

Maybe you can get an award for being a martyr... as in, being the catalyst of a worthy social movement or, say, having your death create a new religion. But you know what I mean, right Internet?

You probably know someone who is doing something they hate. Maybe they complain about it, maybe they don't, but they sure as hell don't do anything to change it. Maybe they're thinking, "I'm not a quitter" or "I finish things once I start them." (Those are both real quotes that have been said to me several times from current law students). Or maybe they say to themselves, "I have to do this for my [insert spouse, kids, parents, dog, etc]."

Imagine a world where you didn't have to do this thing that you hate. Allow yourself to fully let go and explore this possibility. What would you do? Simplify your life down to the essentials. What wouldn't you do?

And so, this is half the battle. This is my battle every day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home