• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Thursday, June 29, 2006

 

A Job is Born


Dearest Internet,

Last night I accepted a job offer, and now my rough and awkward journey for a job is done!

I will be working for a health care consulting company. They do a lot with bioterrorism issues, drug testing for employers, and promoting work place safety. In the beginning, I'll mostly be training, learning their office equipment and office procedures. Later, I'll be working on some project management and speaking with clients. One of the neat things is that there are many chances to learn, and they seem to really encourage it. You can get CPR certified for free, learn how to use defibrillators and something about blood pathogens. They also have graduate school incentives and good benefits.

So this will be a really interesting twist for me. So many of my good friends are involved in the medical and health care field, so I wonder if I will also have good luck with it. It is certainly something that I have thought about in the past, but I quickly dismissed it from my mind thinking that I wouldn't be good enough at it.

Things are looking great. Of course, I wish that my EX law school would have contacted my loan provider so that my rates wouldn't go up, but that would really be like asking for a miracle.


2 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Congratulations!

Is this the company that you really wanted an offer from?

11:47 AM  
Blogger Seredne said...

Welllllll... maybe not THE company I really wanted an offer from, but it'll do for now. ;-)

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home