• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Friday, July 07, 2006

 

Minimum


This blog is probably at its best when I'm talking about law school. It makes sense; I started it to help me make the decision to leave.

This week my best friend from law school returned from a trip out of the country. It's nice to have her back. We hadn't really spoken since I left the city. But of course it brought the conversation back to law school.

My law school was really small, and I didn't have many good friends there. Of about the five people I talked to on a daily basis, I was told that three of them got below the minimum GPA and need to petition the school to be allowed back. I don't know where a school that only has a small number of students gets off kicking out a good number of them... but, sure.

I'm at my parent's house for the weekend. I have already been told that I disappointed them. My father isn't really able to look at me for prolonged periods of time. I am fallen. I am not their lawyer daughter. I am the law school drop-out daughter who came out of it with poor grades and is living in sin with her boyfriend.

Advice columns will tell you to leave that bitch-ass parent in the dust. You can live a-okay without them. People tell their parents to fuck off all the time, but how many times did Dear Abby tell her parents to suck it?


2 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

The next time your parents bring up what a disappointment you are, use my favorite Dear Abby phrase:

"You have a point. Maybe if you part your hair on the other side and wear a hat no one will notice."

You aren't a failure. Most parents would shit twice and die if their children got ACCEPTED at a law school...small or not.

3:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home