• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

While I'm at it...


Just so that you don't go thinking that I'm too happy and that I've lost all my snark, let me just tell you two things that I don't like lately.

I tried Coca-Cola Blak. Who invented this shit? It "fuses Coke effervescence with
coffee essence," says the Coke website. But really, it tastes like Cream Soda effervescence blended with flat Root Beer essence.

Also, last night was the third week of Stephen King's adapted short story series, Nightmares & Dreamscapes. Not only is it not scary in the slightest, most of the stories just leave you saying, "what!? WTF!" And not the good kind of "what" like after you watch Donnie Darko.

The stories spend so much time on mundane things that add nothing to the plot, and then the end just comes abruptly. Imagine reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. You're reading the usual Harry at the Dursley's beginning, then he finally gets taken away to the Order's headquarters.

Then imagine that it just ends there.

You might ask yourself, "what was the point of this? Why did I just waste so much of my life?" And that is what I feel, too, after watching my third week of this nonsense.

I'll probably watch the finale next week...

2 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I gave up on watching it. You are braver than I am.

I'm also glad for the heads up on the Coke Blak. I'm a coke fan and have been eyeing it, but I wasn't sure.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Penguin said...

Well, out here in the boonies, we don't got that Coke Blak doo-hickey yet. Don't know that I'd drink it anyway.

As for the series, glad I didn't even start watching it.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home