• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

 

'Tis the Season for a Makeover.... I think


Yes, it was quite a while ago that I said my blog was going to have a massive makeover. It sort of did, as it went from dark blue to white. But it was not exactly the kind of change I'm looking for.

I want a banner. I've looked at other people's banners, read design webpages about how to have a banner that looks good, I've browsed stock photo websites, I've opened up the Adobe Photoshop, and I've vomited all over the screen (not literally, silly Internet).

I can't figure out how to make it look good. And I realize that good does not even need to be or look complicated. But it just doesn't look seamless when I do it. I need borders and blending skills. And I can't figure out what size the banner needs to be in order to fit up where the text is now. Perhaps I'll take another crack at it.

In the meantime, I tweaked the background color, link colors, and just a few other small things. I'm breaking out the fall colors. Hopefully while I'm at work the Blogger gnomes will visit and have it all done by the time I get home... [fingers crossed].

4 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

i like your blog - in fact, it inspired me (as i was sneaking around the internet) to go lighter - funny you stopped by mine, as i've been haunting your blog a little lately. i too, want a cool banner, and since my html skills are somewhat (ha!) limited, i'm stuck with the crappy template banner. after the blogger gnomes finish with yours, can you send them to my place?

12:13 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Dude. My banner was the experience from the bowels of HELL. (Not to deter you or anything!)

Actually, I just did one in photoshop that I think rocks http://michellehopes.blogspot.com (I am trying to get my friends page designed by next week. It is being difficult)

I am no expert, but if you have any questions, I'd love to see if I can help. (Like px size of the banner, ect.)

2:32 PM  
Blogger erin said...

ps - i love clue! in college, my roommate and i used to annoy the piss out of anyone in the room by quoting it incessantly. just had to comment on it when i saw it in your profile.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Seredne said...

Erin - the blogger gnomes never came, sadly. but Loralee is offering lots of moral support. And, Clue is an amazing movie. I found it at Best Buy last year for $4.99. I was soooo excited that I could afford it, but so sad that Best Buy considers it that cheap... BOO!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home