• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Monday, October 02, 2006

 

So We Meet Again, Monday


Well, well, it's Monday already. And I am definitely one of those annoying people with "a case of the Monday's."

I had the night to myself on Friday, and it gave me a great opportunity to get caught up, finally clean and get some paperwork done like I always yap about. I also caught up with some friends. Everyone keeps asking me how it is living with boyfriend. But they ask it like they either expect it to be hard or want it to be hard. I don't know why they'd want this, but I can't help hearing it in everyone's voice.

What do they want me to say? "Dang, that boyfriend is always hogging the bathroom!" Well, it's just not true. Sure there are things that were a little different when I lived alone, but is that supposed to make it not worth living with someone?

On Saturday night we actually went out to some pretty divey bar, had a few beers and played pool. I didn't mind at all that it was a dive; it kept the anxious-single-young professional-20-somethings at bay. I didn't feel like I was out of place just because I wasn't wearing lingerie in public. It was really fun, but unfortunately for me I got a little tipsy (did I mention it was 9 or 10pm?). We were coming back from the bar, and when we got in the elevator four or five other random people got in at the same time. They were talking and one of the girls said to one of her friends,

"The only way to offend a girl is to talk about her nails."

Oh, you can imagine how this amused me. I started laughing inappropriately loud, and then everyone, including me, got quiet until we got to our floor and got off. It was funny and very awkward.

Basically, you can't take me anywhere.

1 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

"Basically, you can't take me anywhere."

At least not in situations where you are required to use constrait among individuals that have no brain cells.

I would have snorted up a storm if I'd heard that.

:D

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home