• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Friday, December 15, 2006

 

I Survived the Booze and Beeps

I survived the holiday party. Obviously, I can't give too many details for fear of being fired. It was actually pretty tame compared to what I had envisioned. People were very drunk, don't get me wrong, but no one completely embarrassed themselves (although one person came close, thank God it wasn't me).

The food was amazing, though. There were all kinds of appetizers - beef Wellington truffles, chicken salad truffles, 'angry shrimp' (which was essentially spicy breaded shrimp), and some brie truffle with raspberry sauce). You had a choice between a few things for the rest - Caesar salad, tomatoes and onions, or lobster bisque; filet mignon, salmon, or lemon pepper chicken; chocolate cake or creme brulee. I went with lobster bisque, filet, and the chocolate cake. It was all heavenly, especially the lobster bisque.

I brought some of the filet home (about half) for boyfriend because it was too massive to eat in one sitting. When I went to pack my lunch this morning (he had already left), he'd already gangstered the entire thing! At least he didn't touch the rest of my chocolate cake...

We had a rough night. The alcohol (only two beers) and excessive amounts of food swirling in my stomach weren't having a good time together, and I was a little uncomfortable. And at 3:30am the smoke detector battery decided to die and kept beeping beeping beeping. I got up first and manhandled the battery out; it didn't work. Then I fussed at boyfriend to get up. He manhandled it a bit to much and wound up tossing it on the balcony. It kept beeping, but at least we couldnt hear it.

Tonight is his work holiday party. After asking him what the dress code is like, some girl finally told him, "jeans and a going out top." What is a going out top? If we're talking scandalous strappy shirts then I'm up the creek. This is altogether too much holiday fun for me, I'm already tired!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home