• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Saturday, December 09, 2006

 

Ys


So I recommended Joanna Newsome slightly, but I'm going to have to go
back and recommend it a lot more. My friend Jeff came up to DC today to check out some art shows going on. We met up with him for dinner, and he made me a CD of pretty much all of Joanna Newsome's stuff. He told me to start with the album, Ys. I've done this, and I'm astounded.

Boyfriend and I have been relaxing in our warm apt with this playing. It's magical. And I'm all about magic... Buffy, Angel, The Last Herald Mage, Julia Butterfly Hill, the service fraternity I belonged to in college, spring break road tripping to South Carolina and Georgia with 5 great friends, Europe with my boyfriend and a good friend, this is all magic. It's the magic that makes me stop and listen. Magic keeps me alive.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home