• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Thursday, January 25, 2007

 

you and me and me and you


Once you don't blog for awhile, it almost seems like a hassle. Too much time has past, too many things have happened, and it would just take too much damn time to write about it all. Also, I got a little afraid of my blog this week.

Basically, I found that I was a little more 'searchable' than I had previously thought. A few things came to my attention that really started to bother me. Particularly, someone I had known and was friends with years ago had posted some things that I stumbled upon.

I got angrier throughout the day. Maybe it wasn't anything illegal, but it wasn't fair and I didn't like it. But, I hadn't seen or spoken with this person in many, many years. If I opened up the flood gates what would happen? I thought this person would tell me to, "Eat sh*t and die."

But, I mustered up some courage and emailed them. I kept it very light, very casual, and very kindly just asking them to remove names so that it wasn't so searchable (because of employers, whatever, etc). What I got back was probably the longest email I've ever seen. The words "bat shit crazy" come to mind, but the posts were removed.

I can't go into any more detail (for very obvious reasons). It's unfortunate. Everything that's going on lately, everything I'm excited about, it's all not for public eyes. Maybe if I made this thing friends only (giving out some special password?).... something.. I'm not sure.

The point is, it was a huge deal for me to email this person. I've been scared of them and scared of what they might say for years. I've been scared because I never really understood why the relationship soured and I always wondered what I had done. There was a time in my life when either I attracted 'interesting' people or I went after them. It's most likely the latter.

The awesome part of the last couple of days was this passed weekend. Two great friends came up (one of them was the friend with the home theater), and they brought wii, ps2, xbox 360, and a projector. We we projecting the wii onto my balcony blinds (which worked surprisingly well), and we had the ps2 going on the tv. It was quite possibly the most wonderful nerdy heaven I could ever imagine. We barely left the apartment, we stuffed our faces, and we just played games until we passed out.

Some people take their friends to bars or maybe even museums when they come to visit. I take mine to the living room. But I think it's safe to say, it was the best weekend I've had in... I don't even know. Such great friends and great times.

2 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

My husband adores gaming parties. I adore them too, if it is games I can actually play!

Usually, I just end up being paired with Jon as his handicap because he is a gaming God.

As for the blog. There is nothing wrong with asking someone to lay off posting about you or making it more anon. I would like to think they weren't doing it viciously. I made horrible mistakes when I first started. I used LAST names (Note the one glaringly stuck on my blog for the universe to google. Sigh)

Needless to say, I've learned a LOT.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Seredne said...

well, they WERE doing it viciously. our friendship didn't end well (which is very hard to deal with when something ugly like that happens). and yes, this person used last names... that was really my problem with it. you search 'seredne smith' and on the first page of results is this person's page!

and no, my last name isn't smith :-P

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home