• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Thursday, February 01, 2007

 

I'd Do Anything For A Free T-shirt

Yesterday was pretty sweet.  I saw a friend's google talk message read, "free t-shirts, who's in?"

Now, if you know me, you know I love free t-shirts.  My casual wardrobe consists mostly of 5k t-shirts from college (keep in mind, I have never run a 5k).  So I jumped at this message.

She forwarded me an email saying that the first 200 people to order a burrito at Chipotle after 3pm would get a free t-shirt.  I forwarded it to a bunch of friends, including one of my more skeptical friends.  She didn't believe that it could be all the Chipotles.  She thought, maybe just one or two.  She actually called Chipotle to confirm!

Now, I had already gone over a bit on my lunch break since an out of town friend came by to visit.  But, sometimes sacrifices must be made.  And fortuitously, my boss had a meeting in another city at 3pm.

I sat on the window ledge and watched until I saw his car go around the corner.  Then I recruited as many co-workers as I could to journey down the street to Chipotle.  We didn't get the burritos we wanted exactly...

Me: "Can I have refried beans?"
Chipotle employee: "Yes." 
Me: "So, can I have refried beans?" 
CE: "Yes, do you want these? (holding the spoon to the black beans)" 
Me: "No, refried beans." 
CE: "You want these? (still in the black beans)" 
Me: "fine..... (defeated)."

#@*$@*!!! It's cool, I march on.

The back of the t-shirt says, "I'd do anything for a burrito."  It lies.  I wouldn't actually do much for a burrito.  I like burritos a lot (mostly ones with refried beans...), but free t-shirts have a special place in my heart.

3 Comments:

Blogger Penguin said...

Reminds me of the time I was checking out new cell phones and the girl said to me, "If you buy a phone that doesn't take pictures, what are you going to do with the phone?"
Um, DUH

11:41 AM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I jumped in an icy lake for a free t-shirt once...

12:34 AM  
Blogger Seredne said...

An icy lake? I don't know... it better be a damned good t-shirt.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home