• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

 

But, I love bread....


I did not get up with my alarm at 6am this morning and go down to the gym, but I did

a) Set my alarm for 6am
b) Lay out some gym clothes the night before
c) Wake up (accidentally) at 5am and feel ready to go

I'd say that all in all this is some progress.

I was looking at that site that I mentioned yesterday again (Hungry Girl), and I read about how the site's owner lost almost 30lbs. Apparently, she gave up flour, bread, pasta and starches. I really don't know much about weight loss, and obviously it worked, but is it safe to eliminate an entire food group from your diet?

I know that tons of people lost tons of weight using Atkins. But I also know that particular diet can cause gout and other things that come when you're stuffing yourself with bacon and beef jerky. Does anyone know a little bit more about the value of eliminating flour/bread/pasta/etc. from your diet?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Hmmm...

I mainly don't see this as being a good long term option. I feel that if you replace refined flour with whole grains (HIGH in fiber) you will be ok.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home