• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Monday, February 26, 2007

 

Max

This weekend was filled with very good and very bad news. I'll start with bad first and post later with all the good.

Our family cat we've had since before I can remember isn't doing well. He's 19 years old (one freaking old cat), but it definitely doesn't make it any easier. He's stopped eating and drinking and is very dehydrated. He's not walking well. The vet did blood tests and mentioned beginning "aggressive treatment," but they did not mention putting him down.

I'm not excited to put him to sleep, but with the state he's in he can't be comfortable! And why would you introduce aggressive treatment to a 19 year old cat? It seems cruel to me to put him through all sorts of testing, tubes and fluids only to get just a little more time with him in return. He's already lived much longer than your average cat. I want him to stop suffering, but I'm not home and there's not much I can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home