• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Friday, May 18, 2007

 

Eyes (still) on the Prize

Last night coming home from work was the triple crap on my face!

Something was up with the metro, so the ride home took 30 minutes longer than usual. 

When I got in I checked my snail mail, and a letter with my Statistics grade was waiting for me.  It had both the exam grade and the final grade.  Let's just say, "ouch!"  I passed, but it's not exactly the way I wanted to present myself to potential nursing programs.  But I also don't think that I could bare taking that horror again.  I guess I'm just going to have to bust my butt in all the other prereqs and hope that those grades combined with my solid undergrad grades will be enough.  Still a bummer, though!  I know I didn't deserve a good grade with how much I procrastinated and how little I cared, but my distance learning professor was not a big help either.

When I got up to the apartment door, a little white envelope was sticking out from underneath.  It turned out to be a letter from the apartment building maintenance manager stating that he'd be coming in on the 18th for our move out inspection.  Inspection already!?  And on such short notice?!

The letter said that we didn't need to clean; the maintenance officer would only be inspecting the appliances to get a feel for what, if anything, needed work before the next tenant moves in.  But come on, people, you don't schedule a move out inspection with less than 24 hours notice unless you want to catch someone doing something.

Little did they know, I wasn't standing for those shenanigans!  I stayed up late scrubbing anything I could find... bathroom tiles had old grout scraped off and new grout smoothed down, burners on the stove could give you your reflection, minor marks and smudges were removed from the walls with a little elbow grease (and 409) and yes, you could even eat off the linoleum in the kitchen. 

Boyfriend went to bed.  I tried not to get too agitated, but when you're sweating in your pajamas, wiping up trimmed beard hairs from around the bathroom sink, and you've somehow managed to get tile grout in your hair... everyone and everything becomes a target!

Hopefully when I get home today I won't see an eviction notice taped to the door.  It's not easy keeping such a small area that contains two people clean.  I hope we do better when we move in a month and a half, but I make no guarantees!

Luckily, today has been less of a crapfest.  Boyfriend and I picked our dates to go to Disney World, and my boss already OK'd my vacation time!  That's right...

The first week in July, baby!  We're going to Disney World!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home