• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

 

115

Well, Monday morning I was exhausted, Tuesday morning I had to leave home earlier than usual, but this morning I finally dragged myself back to the gym.  I didn't want to write until I went back because I just felt like too much a lame failure!

I had a physical this week.  It was probably the first physical I've had since high school.  She was pretty good, but she got pretty snippy about a few things.  I'm 5'10", and she told me that my ideal healthy weight is between 115-149.  If I weighed 115, I'd be dead.  NO JOKE.  I'm not slender-boned either... I'm not Kate Moss... 115 isn't going to work.

She was also pretty pushy about getting the HPV vaccine, which I did not want.  I think that it's a great thing for some people, she told me that HPV is associated with 70% of cervical cancers.  I don't know if that number is exact, but the correlating is a little startling.  Wikipedia says:

Genital HPV infection is very common, with estimates suggesting that more than 50% of women will become infected with one or more of the sexually transmitted HPV types at some point during adulthood (Baseman and Koutsky, 2005).  Persistent infection with a subset of about a dozen so-called "high-risk" sexually transmitted HPVs, including types 16, 18, 31, 33, 35, 39, 45 and 51 can lead to the development of cervical dyskaryosis, which may in turn lead to cancer of the cervix. HPV infection is a necessary factor in the development of nearly all cases of cervical cancer (Walboomers 1999).

I understand why she's pushy, she doesn't know me.  She probably has girls tell her that they're in long-term, monogamous relationships all the time (probably when they've only been dating for a month or two).  It has to be frustrating being a doctor and seeing lots of young women engaging in risky behaviors and not listening to warnings.  I GUESS I'll give her a pass.

2 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

WTF~!!!!

I mean seriously, WTFFFFF???????

115 lbs at 5"10???? HELLO? What fucking planet is she on????

I am 5'8 and big boned (I know, I know, but it's true! I have a size 10 shoe).

That is CRAZY. Even the US freaking army says that for your height the MINIMUM is 132 and they are bastards about weight and fitness.

I have taken this on as a mission and have been unable to fine ONE chart that has less than 132 and MOST of them specify that that is for a tiny frame!!!! The large frames START at 152!!!! Even insurance companies have similar numbers and everyone knows what tight asses they are.

Seriously, is she on crack?! What chart is she using???

5:17 PM  
Blogger Seredne said...

I know, it's obscene. I'm not sure where exactly she got the information, but I know she looked on a chart that was posted on the wall in the office. Supposedly it's medical information.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home