• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Saturday, July 28, 2007

 

Flashback to '99

Last night while finishing unpacking, I found a lot of my old writings and poetry. One particular poem fell out of a notebook. It's dated 1999.

I thought everyone would enjoy me embarrassing myself a little:

The Accordion

This morning I woke up to the sound of an accordion playing outside my window.
I closed my eyes,
picturing the jagged,
folded edges
crushing against each other and pulling apart.
Kind of funny,
Kind of like love.
I think of green tea,
dried paint on my fingers,
fireworks on the beach
I think of life,
and how we're all taught from the time we're born
not to be ourselves
and the rest of our lives we
have to search
to go back in time
to when we didn't know how
to be anything else.
I remember my grandfather's back rubs and Easter egg hunts
and music without words.
Again the accordion breaks the silence with its ceaseless cracking
and I wonder how
I got here from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home