• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

 

The Happiest of Hump Days

Congratulations, me.  Yesterday was my one year anniversary at my job.  It's been a little over one year out of law school and one year in the cold, hard working world.  What have I learned from this experience?  Another job, please.

Fiancé, after watching me come home after work for a year with either apathy or anger, made the recommendation that I either change my attitude about the job or change the job.  Although changing the job will mean that I'll probably be a part of that company for less than one year (if I travel off to another graduate program next fall), I'm not sure that I care any more.  I used to have a good argument for staying, but I think that fiancé has effectively poked holes in each argument.  I was never cut out for legal reasoning, after all.

I have a bio quiz tonight and another one tomorrow.  I've finished Harry Potter.  This weekend should be moderately relaxing!  After my quizzes I'll be able to think about wedding things, watch a movie, curl up in my PJs, give fiancé a reprieve from all the cooking and unpacking he's been graciously doing the last two weeks, and just generally recharge my batteries.  I'm actually quite amazed that I've made it this far.

That doesn't mean I'm off the hook with my two classes, just that I'm passed the two big deadlines where they drop you from the class if you haven't completed a certain number of assignments.  Plus now that the vacationing and moving is over with, hopefully I'll have more time on the weekends to complete assignments so that I don't have to commit suicide during the week. 

Again, I'm really looking forward to the weekend.  I've felt a little strange the last two weeks… sort of 'out of body.'  I think it could be related to just too much change too quickly.  I'm used to painfully slow and deliberate changes; the last month has been amazing but also a complete whirlwind.  Every now and then I get a moment to stop and look down, and I realize I'm not grounded at all.  It's fun to get carried away and caught up for a little while, but when I do it's as if I'm only using half my brain and I wonder where the things that come out of my mouth came from. 

In happier news, tomorrow starts the 365 day countdown to tying the knot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home