• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Friday, August 10, 2007

 

I want the world, I want the whole world

So even though I know that the job hunting process takes a while, and I’ve advised despondent friends to this fact as well, that doesn’t mean that when I woke up this morning I didn’t expect a response email in my inbox from a resume I submitted last night at 10:30pm. I doesn’t matter that no one has even had a chance to SEE it yet, let alone compare it to other applicants and do whatever other dirty things that hiring managers do… I want my answer NOW.

Never been good with waiting…

I found some great jobs last night… crossing guard and Administrative butt monkey just to name a few. It seems that without some higher degree (higher than a BA, higher than your all-American competitive liberal arts education), I’m either overqualified or under qualified for jobs. I don’t have 5-10 years experience, and I don’t want to make lunch reservations for high powered Executives. Looking for jobs makes me think I can’t wait to get to nursing school. I can’t wait to be qualified for something useful in society (why oh why did I major in History… seemed like a good idea at the time?).

And, as always, thank freaking God it’s FRIDAY. Enjoy yours weekends.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Ug. I know the feeling. I have 420 freaking semester credits and no degree. AND I"ve been an opera singer and a SAHM...This would qualify me for exactly NOTHING.

Arg.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home