• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Monday, July 30, 2007

 

The T in Teamwork

On Saturday my parents rolled into town around noon.  The table is a great addition to the apartment, even though there's still a bit of crap around it so perhaps it's not FULLY functional yet. 

We went to Sur La Table, where I became the proud owner of the Giant Cupcake Pan!  I'm really not a big shopper/buyer, but how could I resist that pan?  I will of course provide photos when I get to use it.  We also went to Alexandria and I showed them where fiance proposed.  It was hot as shit... let's hope it's not too hot for fiance and I to take some outdoor photos this time next year!  We also found a really great paper store in Alexandria.  They had lots of awesome ideas and kits for do-it-yourself invitations, save the date cards, favors, menus and more.  They'll do it all for you, too, but of course that's a lot more money.  I think my mom and I are creative and crafty enough that we could whip those bad boys out in no time! That store was really a crafty person's dream.  I bought some mini take-out boxes to put together that you can put favors in.  I did notice though that the store was advertising crafty ideas that I've been doing for years... I thought I was the only one!  If only I'd started my own business a few years ago...

On Sunday I went shopping with a fellow bride-to-be to look for bridesmaid dresses for her wedding.  We found some good looking dresses; I guess the bridesmaid 'style' is pretty standard... most things are satin, strapless, tea length, A-line.. and an average of $150.  It's interesting how the same dress fits different body types!  Bridesmaid dresses are cute, though.  I bought an Ann Taylor Celebrations dress to wear to my cousin's wedding last year (and then later in the summer I wore it again to another wedding).  Being a bride-to-be myself has given me a whole new outlook on buying bridesmaid dresses, so I can see how some girls might say, "oh man, I gotta buy a dress!"  But if you think about going to high school prom or even a middle school dance... you probably bought a brand new dress for the occasion, it probably wasn't "cheap", and you probably never wore it again. 

When we weren't moving tables and I wasn't acting as the dress model (who would've thought!), fiance and I spent the weekend watching Freaks and Geeks .  We love getting hooked on good tv shows on dvd, so we welcomed back our favorite obsession.

Tonight we call the minister we have in mind for the wedding.  Judging from the information on her website, I think she'd do a beautiful and meaningful job.  We'll keep our fingers crossed!

2 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

So now you own both the pumpkin pan AND the giant cupcake pan as well!

Envy, envy, envy!

You'll have to tell me how many people a cake like that serves because it looks like it could be a ton!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Seredne said...

Surprisingly, it's not as gigantic when you see it in person. The woman in the store said it just takes one box of cake mix split evenly into both pans. I'm not sure if I trust her yet... we'll see!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home