• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

 

Okay.

This past weekend I was really looking forward to doing nothing.   Sitting, vegging, staring at the wall, sleeping, watching movies, casually doing school works, these were my dreams for August 11 and 12.  I sort of succeeded.  It was not a total failure.

Friday I made (yes, made) fiance walk down memory lane a bit with me.  We rented a few movies, among them was She-Devil.  She-Devil is a movie from 1989 with Roseanne Barr and Meryl Streep.  I'd watch anything with Meryl Streep, but when I was younger I just remember thinking this movie was hilarious!  Rewatching it with fiance showed that

1) I must have been a strange child
2) Things are never as good as your memories

BUT, I won't give up.  I still look forward to watching other childhood favorites with fiance such as Death Becomes Her (another Meryl Streep classic), Teen Witch, and Soap Dish.  I hope have more luck with these than I did with either She-Devil or Legend (the oft-forgotten Tom Cruise movie from 1985).

Things I did check off my agenda this weekend include getting responses from all my bridesmaids and sending out a "hello" and introduction email to everyone.  All 6 ladies seem to be very excited and ready to party it up!  Fiance and I also met with a photographer on Sunday, a woman who I worked with briefly last summer.  Her photos were fine, but, as fiance said, "our socks stayed on."  We'll keep looking. 

I found another bridesmaid dress that I like a lot.  I have to recommend Netbride to anyone looking for wedding or bridesmaid dresses.  So far their customer service has been great.  They sell designer dresses much cheaper than the bridal boutiques hose you for.   One bridal boutique in Richmond, VA quoted me at $250 for a dress that Netbride quoted me at $150.  Of course, I'll have to go to the boutique to actually see the dress.  Seeing a dress online and in person are two very different things for bridesmaid dresses!

What's your favorite 80's/early 90's movie?

2 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

The Princess Bride is probably my favorite of the era. As for "Actual" era, I LOVE "Say Anything".

"Goonies"
ANY John Hughs film rocks.
"Pretty Woman"
"Clue"
"Lady Hawke" Which I ALMOST can't watch for exactly your reasons, but still...It's Lady Hawke!

2:31 AM  
Blogger Seredne said...

I LOVE CLUE AND PRETTY WOMAN.

I've never seen Lady Hawke!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home