• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

 

The Dress

Just a couple of weeks ago I decided to have a wedding-related day with my mom.  First, I would take my engagement ring back to the jeweler to get it resized (it was still too big!), then we would check out bridesmaid dresses at various stores, and lastly we would head to a David's Bridal appointment to see if they had anything good.  I figured, excellent, let's kill a flock of birds with one stone!

Let's just say, David's Bridal freaked me out at first.  It was absolutely packed (and it was a weeknight!) and the staff was talking at me very fast.  My mom and I had walked in with a print out of styles we liked, and I had absolutely no idea how we would ever find these in the endless rows of tightly packed garment bags. 

I met my "wedding coordinator," a skinny young guy who kept calling me "girlfriend." 

I've made a huge mistake?

Any doubts I had about him disappeared when he raced around the store finding ALL the dresses I wanted to see within seconds.  I tried on somewhere between 6-10 dresses, but "the perfect one" was pretty obvious. 

On my left side there was another woman trying on dresses with her mom.  The mom actually left her daughter to come look at me, and she couldn't look away!  That has to be a good sign, right?

I'm thrilled with my lovely dress!  It's being checked and fluffed up or something right now, but we pick it up Friday!



1 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I have to admit it, the dress was always my favorite part!

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home