• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Friday, September 07, 2007

 

Bake me a Dream

It's Friday!

My BIO professor granted me an extension to complete the class!  PSYCH still needs to be done my Monday (yeah, we'll see how that goes...).  I had to back out of going to a friend's engagement party in NJ so that I'd be able to complete the class and hopefully not fail.  She hasn't responded so I'm thinking she must be pissed.

I'll stumbled on a florist's website with a really nice portfolio.  I can't use them because they're not close enough to the wedding, but it has some great ideas!  I'm really liking bouquets with a few chocolate cosmos for some nice contrast. 

Fiance's mom has finally relaxed a little with the engagement party.  We had to sit her down and have a talk.  A lot of the damage is already done, but it should work out.  We were nervous because she basically invited the same number of people to the engagement party that will be invited to the wedding (if not more), and most of the people who she invited to the engagement party (apparently her friends and people who watched Fiance grow up?) aren't invited to the wedding.  Also she was just going wildly overboard with decorations and plans.  We wanted an intimate party, but that's not going to be the case!  I was also worried about my family being offended since they can't invite the entire world to the wedding.  It was really obnoxious and stressful, but I guess we just have to roll with the big party theme... she is hosting it, after all.

My zucchini bread is still delicious; I highly recommend the recipe.  I went a little cooking/baking crazy this past weekend.  In addition to the zucchini bread I made AWESOME Chocolate Chip Cookies, Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip (which I served in a bread bowl), and Confetti Cupcakes (which I made in cake form instead of cupcake.. but it didn't turn out THAT great because I used that cursed giant cupcake pan.  I thought it would be so cool, but the batter just never cooks right!).

No fun baking this weekend... just STUDYING!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home