• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Monday, July 10, 2006

 

Monday Mash


It's going to be a busy week, so please forgive me, Internet, if I'm somewhat unreliable.

Several months of living in limbo and I'm finally about to move all my stuff and myself to a new location. Finally, after scrambling between three cities and living out of a box for longer than I'd like. I can't complain; I actually kind of enjoy being a flexible nomad. But I am ready for some permanence.

I saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean yesterday. I think it's further proof that you really can't listen to movie critics. Sure, maybe it didn't have the heart of the first movie. But it was a sequel, and you can't expect exactly the same quality out of a sequel. I enjoyed it. It's what you'd expect from a summer blockbuster.

Today on the way to my summer job I was listening to a piece on the Diane Rehm show about Myspace/Facebook/Friendster. I've heard these things before. They talk about how bad these social networks are for kids, how dangerous they can be and how sleazy the kids dress. But today I heard someone say that it harms a kid's development. I don't know that I agree with this. Kids are going to spend time on a lot of things that could be considered a waste, but I'm not sure that I see how these social networks inhibit their social development.

p.s. Diane Rehm looks nothing like I had envisioned

1 Comments:

Blogger GrĂ¼ndel said...

My only complaint about myspace is the fact that their server is frequently down. Hmph.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home